- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)4
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
MOUND CITY, Ill. -- Jesse C. Smither, 90, of Mound City died Saturday, Jan. 10, 2009, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Sept. 19, 1918, in Paducah, Ky., son of Grover Cleveland and Katie Radcliffe Smither.
Smither was a member of First Baptist Church of Mound City.
He was a veteran of World War II.
Survivors include a son, Donnie Smither of Bonne Terre, Mo., and two granddaughters.
He was preceded in death by his wife, three brothers and two sisters.
Visitation will be from 11 a.m. to service time today at Barkett Funeral Home in Mound City.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. today at the funeral home, with the Rev. Bill Drake officiating. Burial will be in Green Lawn Memorial Gardens at Villa Ridge, Ill., with military honors conducted by Pulaski County Memorial VFW Post 8891 of Mounds, Cairo VFW Post 2649 and Louis Phares American Legion Post 178 of Villa Ridge.