- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
ZALMA, Mo. -- Willard O. Pittman, 86, of Zalma died Monday, Jan. 12, 2009, at Advance Nursing Center.
He was born Oct. 4, 1922, at Zalma, son of William and Sciota Arthur Pittman. He and Stella Staats were married Nov. 21, 1944, in Cape Girardeau.
Pittman was a retired barber. He was a member of Berrong General Baptist Church near Gipsy, Mo.
Survivors include his wife; a son, Rudy Pittman of Advance, Mo.; a daughter, Lois Courtois of Wappapello, Mo.; two grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by four brothers and five sisters.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Morgan Funeral Home in Advance.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Revs. LeeRoy Hefner and Dan Overton officiating. Burial will be in Berrong Cemetery.