- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Raymond Garrett Jr.
JONESBORO, Ill. — Raymond Garrett Jr., 60, of Jonesboro died Sunday, Jan. 11, 2009, at Jonesboro Rehab and Healthcare Center in Jonesboro.
He was born June 25, 1948, in Anna, Ill., the son of Raymond and Frances Louise Brimm Garrett Sr. He married Vera M. Dillow.
He was of the Baptist faith and was retired from Procter & Gamble.
Garrett is survived by his wife; two children, Melissa Hankins and Brad Garrett, both of Jonesboro; a sister, Carol Hoppe of Campbell Hill, Ill.; two brothers, Ronnie Garrett of Ganado, Texas, and Michael Garrett of Osaka, Japan; two grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Friends may call from noon until time of service Thursday at Rendleman and Hileman Funeral Home in Anna.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with the Rev. John Cripps officiating.
Interment will be private.