- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)5
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
BENTON, Mo. -- Arlen J. Hurst, 78, of Benton, formerly of Marble Hill, Mo., died Saturday, Jan. 10, 2009, at Saint Francis Medical Center.
He was born Nov. 21, 1930, at Clayton, Mo., son of Joseph Rudolph and Clara Catherine Hilderbrand Hurst. He and Madeline Patricia West were married Nov. 25, 1948, at Guardian Angel Catholic Church in Oran, Mo.
Hurst was a retired truck driver and farmer. He was a lifelong member of the Knights of Columbus No. 4311, a member of the Marble Hill Lions Club, school board member at Oran and a member of St. John's Catholic Church in Leopold, Mo.
Survivors include his wife; a son, Ronnie Hurst of Oran; two daughters, Kathy Jordan of Jackson, Patti Morris of Oran; a sister, Shirley Young of Oran; six grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, two twin sons and a brother.
Friends may call at 11 a.m. Monday at Liley Funeral Home in Marble Hill.
Funeral will be at 1 p.m. Monday at the funeral home chapel, with the Rev. Phillip Jordan officiating. Burial will be at a later date in the Bollinger County Memorial Park Cemetery near Marble Hill.