- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Lois H. Walther, 100, of Cape Girardeau died Friday, Jan. 9, 2009, at Chateau Girardeau Health Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Nov. 19, 1908, in Malden, Mo., the daughter of T.H. and Lavena Eaker Harvey.
She and Gustav Walther were married on Sept. 1, 1976, in Cape Girardeau. He died May 17, 1987.
She worked in retail sales in Cape Girardeau, at Hecht's at the ladies shop and at Och"s Gifts Shop.
She was a member of Centenary United Methodist Church.
She is survived by a stepdaughter, Emily Weinheimer of Houston; two nieces, Joel (Bob) Killian of Dahlonega, Ga., Jessie Jo Bryan of Cape Girardeau; stepgrandchildren; and great-stepgrandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, husband, an infant daughter a stepdaughter and two brothers.
Friends may call from 9:30 to 11 a.m. Monday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
Funeral service will be on at 11 a.m. Monday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home, with the Rev. Jim Sanderson officiating.
Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park in Cape Girardeau.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.