- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Gladys Riney, 88, of Perryville died Wednesday, Jan. 7, 2009, at Independence Care Center of Perry County.
She was born Dec. 25, 1920, in Perry County, daughter of Moritz and Ellen Doll Brown. She and Alois Riney were married May 7, 1938. He died Sept. 14, 2007.
Riney had worked at Ewalds. She was a member of Our Lady of Victory in Sereno, Mo.
Survivors include three daughters, Carol Ochs of Perryville, Kathleen Hembree of Rockford, Ill., Karen Harper of Steeleville, Ill.; a son, Buck Riney of Texas; a brother, Clyde Brown of Perryville; two sisters, Wanda Boxdorfer of Florida, Jean Funk of St. Louis; nine grandchildren; 14 great-grandchildren; and a great-great-grandchild.
She was preceded in death by a son, two sisters, four brothers and a grandson.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. Friday and from 6:30 a.m. until time of service Saturday at Young and Sons Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Bill Rhinehart officiating. Burial will be in Mount Hope Cemetery.