- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
William Earle "Bill" Coomer Jr., 69, of Cape Girardeau died Tuesday, Jan. 6, 2009, at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
He was born July 23, 1939, in Paris, Ill., son of William Earle and Verna Mae Allendorf Coomer. He and Judith Marea Daume were married Nov. 23, 1959, in Greenville, S.C.
Coomer was a proud Marine, serving his country nine-and-a-half years starting in 1957.
He traveled all over the world, including to more than 170 Wal-Mart stores to entertain with his magic shows. He was also a salesman at Ford Groves, Coad Chevrolet and Slumberland and sold insurance.
Coomer was a graduate of Southeast Missouri State University. He taught school at Lilbourn and Bell City, Mo. He loved everybody he met.
Survivors include his wife, Judith Coomer of Cape Girardeau; two sons, William Coomer III of Marble Hill, Mo., Dai Coomer and wife Betty of Cape Girardeau; a daughter, Fawn Coomer of Cape Girardeau; two sisters, Phyllis Woodburn and husband Charles of Normal, Ill., Kathy Lindsey and husband Robert of Beaver Dam, Ky.; 13 grandchildren, William "Will" Gilchrist of Vina, Calif., Betty Johnson of Cape Girardeau, Doris Wolford of St. Louis, Christina Wolford of Cape Girardeau, Ryan Coomer of Springfield, Mo., Jessica Coomer, Mitchell Coomer, Blake Coomer, Sonja Beilet, Daiana Coomer, Seth Coomer, Adam Coomer and Alec Coomer, all of Cape Girardeau.
Also six great-grandchildren, Jevon Johnson, Kira Johnson, Tae "Shyne" Johnson, Aniya Johnson, all of Cape Girardeau, Michael Dickerson of St. Louis, Ava Gilchrist of Vina; and numerous nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his parents and a brother, Larry Coomer.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. Friday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Scott Moon officiating. Burial will be in Lorimier Cemetery with military rites to be conducted.
Memorials may be made to March of Dimes, American Heart Association, Southeast Missouri Hospital or American Diabetes Association.