- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Robert W. "Bob" Blythe, 85, of Perryville died Wednesday, Jan. 7, 2009, at Independence Care Center of Perry County.
He was born Aug. 13, 1923, in Indianapolis, son of James Russell Jarret and Irene C. Blythe. He and Flora Palisch were married May 9, 1943.
Blythe was a former assistant fire chief with Perryville Fire Department. He was also a mechanic at Y&Y Motors and Perryville Tire Center. He was a member of Immanuel Lutheran Church in Perryville, VFW, the Ozark Fire Fighters Association, the Perryville Optimist Club and the American Legion.
Survivors include his wife; a son, James Blythe of Perryville; four grandsons; and two great-grandchildren.
Visitation will be from 4 to 9 p.m. Friday and 6:30 to 8:15 a.m. Saturday at Young and Sons Funeral Home. The VFW wake will be at 7 p.m. Friday.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at Immanuel Lutheran Church, with the Rev. Matthew Marks officiating. Burial will be in the church cemetery with military graveside service provided by the Delta Team and VFW.