- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
MOUNDS, Ill. -- Larry "Spike" Paul, 93, of Des Moines, Iowa, formerly of Mounds, died Tuesday, Jan. 6, 2009, at Bishop Drumm Retirement Home in Johnston, Iowa.
Survivors include a son, Larry Paul; a daughter, Marilyn; two grandsons; and four great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his wife, Edna.
The funeral will be at 9:30 a.m. today at Our Lady of Peace Chapel at Bishop Drumm. Hamilton Funeral Home in Des Moines is in charge of arrangements.
Local service will be conducted at 10 a.m. Friday at Barkett Funeral Home in Mound City, with the Rev. John Agbasiera officiating. Burial will be in St. Mary's Catholic Cemetery in Mounds.