- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
MoDOT announces customer survey on website, several current projects
SIKESTON, Mo. -- The Missouri Department of Transportation has a new customer survey is on its website, www.modot.org.
"Rate Our Work Zones" allows people to provide MoDOT with feedback on specific work zones experienced while traveling. The survey is also at www.modot.org/workzones/Comments.htm.
A statement released by the department said safety is a key concern, as are convenience and efficiency for drivers.
The opinions of commercial drivers are especially important, the statement said, because their needs are different from other motorists. The survey allows the commercial vehicle community to provide feedback.
Current MoDOT work zones can be found on interstates, numbered highways and routes with letters for names -- 32,000 miles within the state of Missouri.
For additional information or to report concerns, contact MoDOT's customer service center at 888-275-6636. Here is the list of current projects:
Highway 91 closed
Highway 91 in Scott County is closed between Highway 61 and Route CC for bridge repairs.
The work will start after 8 a.m. today and run through 3 p.m. Friday and be completed during business hours Tuesday.
I-55 reduced in Cape
Interstate 55 in Cape Girardeau County will be reduced to one lane starting at 7:30 a.m. today while MoDOT crews replace guardrail in the southbound lane.
This section of roadway is from the Cape Girardeau/Perry County Line to Route KK. Weather permitting, traffic will be reduced to one lane through 5 p.m. Friday.
Guardrail repairs on I-55
Northbound I-55 in New Madrid County will be reduced to one lane for guardrail repairs between Highway 80 and the St. John ditch.
Weather permitting, traffic will be reduced to one lane from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. today.
Tree trimming continues
Highway 51 in Bollinger County will continue to be reduced to one lane while MoDOT crews trim trees along the roadway. The work will be done from Highway 72 to two miles south near Patton.
Shoulder work on Hwy 34
Highway 34 in Bollinger County will be reduced to one lane between routes ZZ and DD to allow MoDOT crews to repair shoulders. The work will be done from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. today.
Bridge repairs on I-57
Both northbound lanes of Interstate 57 in Mississippi County will continue to be closed for bridge repairs at Route B near the Bertrand exit.
Traffic will be diverted from the interstate onto the ramps and back on to the interstate. Route B will also be reduced to one lane during these repairs.
Northbound I-57 will be closed 6:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. today and from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday.