- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Marilyn Rebecca Laws, 70, of Jackson died Monday, Jan. 5, 2009, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born March 21, 1938, in Charleston, Ill., daughter of Thomas and Rosalie Crail Howard. She and Seymour S. Laws were married July 24, 1955. He died Nov. 3, 2001.
Laws was a certified nurse aide in home health care.
Survivors include four sons, Randy Laws of Jackson, Seymour "Sam" and Mike Laws of Villa Grove, Ill., Leon Laws of Monroe, Wis.; two daughters, Sherry Varro of Jackson, Margaret Kirkman of Hudson, Fla.; two sisters, Pat Shirley of Huntington, W.Va., Sharon Murry of Carlton, Texas; 14 grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a brother, a sister and a grandchild.
Visitation will be from 1 p.m. to service time Thursday at Cracraft-Miller Funeral Home in Jackson.
A graveside service will be held at 2 p.m. Thursday at Russell Heights Cemetery, with Seymour Laws officiating.