- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
MARBLE HILL, Mo.-- Danny Lee Welker, 57, of Marble Hill died Monday, Jan. 5, 2009, at his home.
He was born Nov. 10, 1951, in Cape Girardeau, son of Leroy Jacob and Doris Jean Trentham Welker. He and Cheri M. Stewart were married Sept. 24, 1983. She died Nov. 13, 1994.
Welker served in the U.S. Army.
Survivors include a son, Neil Cowling of Texas; three brothers, David Welker of Sikeston, Mo., John D. Welker of Patton, Mo., Ronald Welker of Marble Hill; and a sister, Rhonda Toombs of Patton.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Liley Funeral Home in Marble Hill.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with the Revs. Clifton Trentham and Ronnie Davis officiating. Burial will be in Mount Zion Cemetery at Scopus, Mo., with full military honors provided by Missouri Honors Team.