- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Amy Lou Hastings, 60, of Sioux Falls, S.D., died Sunday, Jan. 4, 2009, at the home of a daughter in Sioux Falls.
She was born Jan. 9, 1948, in Cairo, Ill., daughter of Bill and Billie Adams Ewing. She and Lionel Hastings were married in 1971 in Cape Girardeau.
Amy grew up in Cape Girardeau, was a graduate of Central High School and attended Columbia College in Columbia, Mo. She was of the Methodist belief.
Survivors include her husband, Lionel Hastings of McGill, Nev.; three daughters, Kara Harrison of Sioux Falls, Gracie Morgan of Ellington, Mo., Emily Paraskeva of Seattle; and three grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents.
Friends may call from noon to service time Thursday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home in Cape Girardeau.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with Karen Mustoe officiating. Burial will be in Lorimier Cemetery in Cape Girardeau.
Memorials may be made to Bill Ewing Scholarship Fund at Cape Central at 407 Ridgefield Drive, Cape Girardeau, Mo., 63701.