- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. -- Charles Vernon Strickland, 83, of Fayetteville died Monday, Jan. 5, 2009, at his home.
He was born Nov. 9, 1925, in Greenville, Mo., to Richard Earl and Lillie Jane Wood Strickland.
Strickland was a staff manager with National Life Insurance 31 years.
He served in the U.S. Navy.
Survivors include his wife, Elva Lee Strickland; a son, Randy J. Strickland of Alma, Ark.; two daughters, Diana L. Pace of Ashland, Ore., Susan M. Rickey of Etna, Calif.; a brother, Richard Earl Strickland of Florissant, Mo.; a sister, Mary Louise Owens of Poplar Bluff, Mo.; and six grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his first wife, Virginia.
The family will receive friends from 9 a.m. until service time Friday at Beards Chapel in Fayetteville.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Friday at the chapel, with the Rev. Charlie Brown officiating. Burial will be in Fayetteville National Cemetery.
An online condolence may be sent to the family at www.beardsfuneralchapel.com.