- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)31
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Sadie Grace Skaggs, 91, of Cape Girardeau, formerly of Jackson, died Saturday, Jan. 3, 2009, at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
She was born March 29, 1917, in Atoka, Tenn., daughter of James C. and Cansadie Hutchins Melton. She and William Carl Skaggs were married Nov. 10, 1947. He died May 3, 2008.
Skaggs was a member of Mount Auburn Christian Church and the Ladies Bible Study.
Survivors include two sons, Don Tune of Freeport, Ill., Robert Skaggs of St. Louis; a daughter, Kathy Schmid of Jackson; seven grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by four brothers and six sisters.
Visitation will be from 11 a.m. to service time Thursday at Liley Funeral Home in Patton, Mo.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with Dr. Wes Wright officiating. Burial will be in Patton Cemetery.