- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Thomas K. "Tommy" Niswonger, 48, of Cape Girardeau passed away Monday, Jan. 5, 2009, at Saint Francis Medical Center.
He was born March 3, 1960, in Cape Girardeau to Frank and Peggy Winder Niswonger. He and Vicky I. Donley were married April 25, 2005, in Las Vegas.
Tommy was raised in Zalma and attended Zalma High School. He was an upholstery technician at Auto Trim Design in Cape Girardeau.
His family recalls Tommy for his genuine appreciation of life. His personal interests included hunting and collecting arrowheads and fishing at his favorite spot near Greenbriar slue. He formerly competed in drag racing at Sikeston, Mo.
Loving survivors include his wife of Cape Girardeau; his mother, Peggy Niswonger of Delta; two daughters, Jessica (Phil) King and sons Kaelan, Jude and Aedan of Gulfport, Miss., Kacie Niswonger and daughter Kennedy English of St. Peters, Mo.; a son, Zach Niswonger of St. Peters; a stepson and daughter, Jake and Jenny Rodgers of Advance, Mo.; two brothers, Rick (Patti) Niswonger and sons Benjamin and Christopher, Jason (Megane) Niswonger of Jackson; and a sister, Stacy Niswonger and children Brandy, Dustin, and Kristen of Scott City.
He was preceded in death by his father.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. Wednesday at McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Gary Brothers officiating. Burial will follow at Greenbriar Cemetery west of Advance.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to the family c/o Vicky Niswonger.
Sympathy messages may be sent to the family online at www.mccombsfuneralhome.com.