- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Gas leak causes closure of Cape Girardeau street
A minor gas leak at a private residence in the 700 block of North Pacific Street led to the area being closed to traffic temporarily Monday afternoon, according to the Cape Girardeau Fire Department.
The affected block was only closed for about five minutes around 3 p.m. and the closure was due to the number of emergency vehicles needing to get through rather than any danger from the leak itself, authorities said.