- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Mo. inmate dies of apparent natural causes
CHARLESTON, Mo. — The Missouri Department of Corrections says a 34-year-old inmate in Charleston has died from apparent natural causes.
Michael Miller was pronounced dead Dec. 28 at the Southeast Correctional Center Infirmary.
He was serving 24 years for second-degree attempted robbery and stealing in St. Louis. He had also been convicted of violence against an inmate in St. Francois County, first-degree assault in Cole County and violence while incarcerated in Madison County. He entered the corrections system in 1992.