- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Accident blocks road on Jackson's Main Street
A two-car accident blocked Main Street in Jackson early this afternoon and caused injuries for both drivers, who were taken to Saint Francis Medical Center.
The accident occurred around 1 p.m. Monday at the corner of Main and Ohio streets in uptown Jackson.
The road was closed for more than an hour as emergency medical workers extracted the drivers, an unidentified man and Ruby Bock, 97, of Jackson, from their respective cars.
Bock is the mother of former Cape Girardeau County 1st District commissioner Larry Bock, who was called to the scene. He arrived with his wife, Shirley Bock and stood by his mother as she was moved from her car to a stretcher and boarded onto an ambulance.
Larry Bock said he was not sure of the extent of his mother's injuries but he said she appeared to have a broken leg.