- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)36
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Winter weather advisory issued for Southeast Missouri, Southern Illinois
The National Weather Service has issued a winter weather advisory for parts of Southeast Missouri and Southern Illinois. Effective from 6 p.m. tonight to 6 a.m. Tuesday, affected areas in the advisory area include the Missouri counties of Bollinger, Cape Girardeau, Perry, Scott and Stoddard and Alexander and Union counties in Illinois.
Light freezing rain and sleet are expected to develop and expand north tonight, though the precipitation is expected to remain light. The weather service expects light icing on area roadways, bridges and overpasses and hazardous icing could become a problem during the overnight hours.