- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Poplar Bluff woman dies from injuries after being hit by vehicle
POPLAR BLUFF, Mo. -- A woman was killed when she allegedly ran in front of oncoming traffic and was hit by a vehicle on Business U.S. 67 early Saturday morning, according to Butler County Coroner Jim Akers.
Denise Valerie Dockery, 50, of Poplar Bluff was evicted from a party about 1:30 a.m. in the 2100 block of Westwood Boulevard at where she had been drinking alcohol, according to information released by Poplar Bluff police.
Dockery initially survived the accident but was pronounced dead at the hospital shortly after 3 a.m. Saturday, Akers said.
"We're not looking at any charges against the driver or anyone else at this point," said Akers, who said that he would not reveal the name of the driver until further investigation.
Authorities have not yet found a witness to the accident.