- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
ZALMA, Mo. -- Dolores E. Jackson, 73, of Zalma died Saturday, Jan. 3, 2009, at Advance Nursing Center.
She was born June 13, 1935, at Zalma, daughter of Oral and Mildred Sturgeon Abernathy.
Dolores was a member of Zalma General Baptist Church. She was a published poet and served on the Zalma Fire Department and on the Zalma Village Board.
Survivors include four daughters, Debi Lingle of Zalma, Linda Schrader of Advance, Mo., Vicky Dinkens and Sherri Slemmer, both of Zalma; an adopted daughter, Debbie Dewitt of Zalma; two brothers, Jim Abernathy and Jack Abernathy, both of Zalma; a sister, Shannon Shell of Marble Hill; seven grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents.
Visitation is at 1 p.m. today at Morgan Funeral Home in Advance.
The funeral is at 1 p.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Keith Price officiating.
Interment will be at Berrong Cemetery in Gipsy, Mo.