- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Inas Whittaker, 88, of Advance died Saturday, Jan. 3, 2009, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born June 16, 1920, at Advance, daughter of Asa and Helen Zimmer Rhodes. On Nov. 18, 1939, she married Manning Edward Whittaker at Marble Hill, Mo.
She was a retired office manager for Inland Shoe Co. in Advance and then bookkeeper for Arab Stone. She attended Advance United Methodist Church.
Survivors include a son, Bill Whittaker of Union, Mo.; four daughters, Judy Whittaker, Sharon Lorch and Mitzie Seger, all of Advance, and Verrell Marchbanks of Summerville, S.C.; two brothers, Gene Rhodes of Cape Girardeau and Don Rhodes of Bloomfield, Mo.; eight grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, husband, a son, a brother and a sister.
Visitation is from 5 to 8 p.m. Tuesday at Morgan Funeral Home in Advance.
The funeral is at 11 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Sarah Hamilton officiating.
Interment is at Pleasant Hill Cemetery near Advance.