- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Redhawks' Klocke picked preseason All-American
Southeast Missouri State junior catcher Jim Klocke has been selected to the Ping!Baseball Preseason All-American Team.
Klocke was named to the all-Ohio Valley Conference first team last season after leading conference catchers with a .357 batting average. He ranked seventh in the conference in both on-base percentage and runs scored, while leading Southeast in batting average, runs, walks and on-base percentage.
Klocke has played in 107 games and has a .341 batting average during his Southeast career. He has posted a .475 slugging percentage, .456 on-base percentage and 124 hits. He has scored 91 runs, smacked 17 doubles, 10 home runs and 78 RBIs.
Klocke has led Southeast in walks in both of his seasons.
Klocke, a former Missouri high school player of the year at Vianney High School, was named a Ping!Baseball and Louisville Slugger Freshman All-American in 2007.
Two other OVC players were placed on the All-American squad -- Ben Tootle of Jacksonville State and Brett Nommensen of Eastern Illinois.
-- From staff reports