- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)32
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- Margaret Mary Vandeven, 84, of Marble Hill died Thursday, Jan. 1, 2009, at Mineral Area Regional Medical Center in Farmington, Mo.
She was born Nov. 16, 1924, in Lutesville, Mo., daughter of Gerhard and Josephine Laurentius Terbrock. She and Lawrence J. Vandeven were married Nov. 9, 1946. He died July 1, 1958.
Vandeven had farmed and worked at VIP Industries as supervisor in the workshop and as a house parent. She was a member of St. Anthony's Catholic Church and the Ladies Sodality.
Survivors include two sons, Theodore Vandeven of Puxico, Mo., Robert Vandeven of Foristell, Mo.; two daughters, Marilyn Smith of Caledonia, Mo., Doris Brooks of Farmington; three brothers, Charles Terbrock of Foristell, Bernard Terbrock of St. Charles, Mo., Robert Terbrock of St. Peters, Mo.; two sisters, Marcella Borgmeyer and Mary Simpkin of St. Charles; 11 grandchildren; and 12 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by three brothers.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. Sunday at Liley Funeral Home in Marble Hill. The Knights of Columbus rosary will be recited at 7.
Funeral Mass will be Monday at 10 a.m. at St. Anthony's Church in Glennon, Mo., with the Rev. John Harth officiating. Burial will be in the church cemetery.