- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Rena Pender, 48, of Cape Girardeau, formerly of Blytheville, Ark., died Thursday, Jan. 1, 2009, at Barnes Jewish Hospital in St. Louis.
She was born Dec. 10, 1960, in Blytheville, daughter of Billy Joe and Barbara Ann Jones Pender.
Survivors include a daughter, Jennifer Dawson of Blytheville; a son, Luke Hinkebein of Cape Girardeau; two brothers, Marlin Pender of Steele, Mo., Shannon Pender of Osceola, Ark.; three sisters, Valerie Squalente of Eustis, Fla., Janell Medling of Jackson, Tanda Washburn of Mayflower, Ark.; and two grandsons.
She was preceded in death by her parents.
Visitation will be from 2 to 4 p.m. Sunday at Cobb Funeral Home in Blytheville.
The funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Monday at the funeral home. Burial will be in Dogwood Cemetery.