- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Glenda Jo Holder of Woodbridge, Va., daughter of Maple Paul and Hazel Louise Shaw Payne, was born March 18, 1938, in Illmo.
On Dec. 17, 2008, in Washington, D.C., after an extended illness, she laid down her burden of life and joined the heavenly father.
She was preceded in death by a son, Victor Lee Holder in 1973; her husband, Sidney James Holder in 2003; and a sister, Bonnie Rae Payne in 1945.
She is survived by a son, Bryant Holder and daughter-in-law Michelle, and two grandchildren, Stefanie and Kyle, of The Woodlands, Texas; a daughter, Renee Holder of Dale City, Va., a daughter, Roxann Oakman and son-in-law Gerard, and two grandsons, Neal and Scott, of Montclair, Va. She is also survived by a brother, James Payne; a sister, Connie Miller of Scott City; two sisters-in-law, Barbara Payne and "Sis" Enderle; two brothers-in-law, Maurice Miller and William Lee Enderle; and several nieces, nephews and friends of Scott City.
Her life was full. After raising her children she enjoyed lasting friendships with ladies from Waccomaw Pottery, good times with friends and family and, above all, she loved being a grandmother to her four grandchildren.
A celebration of her life will be held from 2 to 3 p.m. today at Mountcastle Funeral Home, 4143 Dale Blvd., Dale City.
A memorial service will follow at 3 p.m.
Final interment is planned later in Cape County Memorial Park in Cape Girardeau.