- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
- Jury convicts Scott City man who confessed to murder; girlfriend's testimony corroborates confession (12/9/17)
- Sugarfire Cape barbecue restaurant to open June 2018 (12/7/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Two Cape County residents, including former Jackson police officer, face burglary charges in Colorado (12/12/17)
- Wind brings down Wendy's sign in Cape Girardeau (12/11/17)2
- Harbor Freight Tools plans to move ahead with Cape Girardeau store (12/5/17)2
Eggs served cold on Mich. freeway
YPSILANTI TOWNSHIP, Mich. -- State troopers and road crews had to scramble when a tractor-trailer crashed and spilled its load of eggs.
Trooper Jim Smiley said eastbound Interstate 94 in Ypsilanti Township reopened about 1 a.m. Thursday after being shut down six hours. Low temperatures made for a frozen mess that Smiley said was scraped up by front-end loaders and put in dump trucks.
Road workers then spread sand and salt on all three lanes.
Smiley said the driver will be ticketed.