- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)8
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)33
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Lt. Gov. Kinder weighs in on Trump's win, his future plans (12/4/16)13
- Cape police warn of 'Grandparent Scam' (12/4/16)
Eggs served cold on Mich. freeway
YPSILANTI TOWNSHIP, Mich. -- State troopers and road crews had to scramble when a tractor-trailer crashed and spilled its load of eggs.
Trooper Jim Smiley said eastbound Interstate 94 in Ypsilanti Township reopened about 1 a.m. Thursday after being shut down six hours. Low temperatures made for a frozen mess that Smiley said was scraped up by front-end loaders and put in dump trucks.
Road workers then spread sand and salt on all three lanes.
Smiley said the driver will be ticketed.