- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Violet Aileen Hobbs, 88, formerly of Cape Girardeau, died Wednesday, Dec. 31, 2008, at New Haven Care Center in New Haven, Mo.
She was born Dec. 9, 1920, in Alabama, daughter of John and Frances Weston. She married Eldon Hobbs, who preceded her in death.
Hobbs worked at Miss Hullings Cafeteria in St. Louis, and later worked at Albertsons in California.
Survivors include a sister, Sue Smith of Washington, Mo.
Visitation will be from 10 a.m. to noon Saturday at Lorberg Memorial Funeral Chapel.
The funeral will be at 1:30 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home. Burial will be in George Cemetery at Swinton, Mo.