- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
SEMO fires men's basketball coach
Southeast Missouri State University announced today that it has fired men's basketball coach Scott Edgar. The news comes after Edgar told the Southeast Missourian on Tuesday that the university planned to buy out his contract. The information below is from a news release sent out by the university this morning:
Southeast Missouri State University interim Director of Athletics Cindy Gannon announced today that the contract with Men's Basketball Coach Scott Edgar has been terminated without cause effective Dec. 30, 2008, pursuant to the terms of his contract. Edgar has been on administrative leave since last fall.
Southeast received a Notice of Allegations (NOA) from the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) concerning possible major violations involving the men's basketball program in October. The University has been notified that this case will be considered by the committee at its April 17-18, 2009, meeting.
According to Gannon, "We feel it is important for the University and for Coach Edgar to have the opportunity to move forward. Since this is a personnel matter, the University and its employees will have no further comments."