- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Joseph A. Bader, 80, of Festus, Mo., died Saturday, Oct. 23, 2004, at Jefferson Memorial Hospital in Crystal City, Mo.
He was born March 3, 1924, in St. Louis, son of Joseph and Alice Loos Bader. He married Mary Ellen Stengel.
He was a retired salesman and member of the Church of the Assumption in Herculaneum, Mo. He was formerly of Cape Girardeau and Kirkwood, Mo.
Bader served in the U.S. Navy during World War II.
Survivors include his wife; two daughters, Beverly Kelleher of St. Louis, Jackie Tatelbaum of Tempe, Ariz.; two sons, Chuck Bader of Crystal City, Chris Bader of Jackson; and numerous grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by two daughters and a brother.
Friends may call at Vinyard's Hillcrest Funeral Home in Pevely, Mo., from 4 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday at Church of the Assumption in Pevely. The Rev. Robert Fleiter will officiate. Burial will be in National Cemetery at Jefferson Barracks in St. Louis.