- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)19
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Buchheit Trucking and Logistics adds Morehouse warehouse facility
In a day when trucking companies throughout the country are struggling financially, one local trucking operation is bucking that trend.
Scott City-based Buchheit Trucking has expanded its warehousing and logistics operation with the recent purchase of the former Rowe Manufacturing property in Morehouse, Mo. The former property consists of industrial buildings totaling nearly 160,000 square feet located on 39 acres in the community, according to Lorimont Ltd. broker Tom Kelsey, who handled the deal.
Buchheit President Ron Gjerstad said the company had an immediate need for additional industrial storage space in addition to its other 260,000 square foot warehouse in Scott City. The logistics services offered at the new warehouse will service its customers from Southeast Missouri and the 48-state region Buchheit serves. Services include handling and storage, inventory control, shipping and labeling.
While no sale price was disclosed in the Morehouse sale, the Lorimont website showed an asking price of $599,900.
Started in 1934, Buchheit Trucking operates 80 company and independently-owned trucks.
Look for more on this story later in the day at semissourian.com and in Wednesday's edition of the Southeast Missourian.