- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)20
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
GRASSY, Mo. -- Shirley Jean Embrey, 51, of Decatur, Miss., formerly of Grassy, died Saturday, Dec. 27, 2008, at St. Anthony's Medical Center in St. Louis.
She was born Jan. 7, 1957, at Grassy, daughter of Luther James and Docia Alice Adams Rea.
Embrey was a housekeeper at Our Lady of the Snow Shrine.
Survivors include two sons, Scott Embrey of Granite City, Ill., Eric Embrey of Madison, Ill.; a daughter, Jaime Kelly of Decatur; four brothers, Jerry Rea of Patton, Mo., Jackie and Dale Rea of Dupo, Ill., Michael Rea of Arnold, Mo.; two sisters, Eileen Mattingly of Red Bud, Ill., Janet Owens of Potosi, Mo.; and three grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, a brother and a sister.
Visitation will be from 10 a.m. to service time Wednesday at Liley Funeral Home in Marble Hill, Mo.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Carl Cureton officiating. Burial will be in Grassy Cemetery.