- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
MOUNDS, Ill. -- LaVerne Palmer, 93, of East Alton, Ill., formerly of Mounds, died Saturday, Dec. 27, 2008, at the home of a daughter with whom she had resided six years.
She was born July 22, 1915, in Arlington, Ky., daughter of James "Jim" and Allie West Tucker. She married Clifton Roy Palmer, who died July 15, 1993.
Palmer was a retired beautician and had been a clerk at several shoe stores and a drugstore.
Survivors include two daughters, Linda Jones of East Alton, Betty Foreman of Waltonville, Ill.; a sister, Lorene Heilig of Pulaski, Ill.; five grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a brother and a grandson.
Visitation will be after 11 a.m. Friday at Jones Funeral Home in Villa Ridge, Ill.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Friday at the funeral home, with Dr. Larry Potts officiating, Burial will be in Green Lawn Memorial Gardens.