- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)18
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Worth the drive 12/26/08
Less than 2 hours away
The Repertory Theatre, St. Louis
The characters of "It's a Wonderful Life" come alive in one actor with the Repertory Theatre of St. Louis's rendition of the classic Frank Capra movie. "This Wonderful Life" features Mark Setlock as George, Mary, old Mr. Potter, Zuzu, Clarence the Angel and every other wonderful character from Bedford in an eccentric telling of the 1947 movie. Tickets are $ 14.50. Showtimes are 8 p.m. Friday, 5 p.m. Saturday and 2 and 7 p.m. Sunday.
Hidden Valley Ski Resort, Eureka, Mo.
The ski season officially opened in Missouri Dec. 20, but this weekend is as good a time as any to get out and get on the slopes. The lifts start at 9 a.m. everyday. On New Year's Eve, you can celebrate on the snow with a Midnight Session with fireworks starting the new year and skiing until 3 a.m. Lift tickets and packages vary. Visit www.hiddenvalleyski.com for more information.
Less than 4 hours away
Various places, Nashville, Tenn.
See the Music City in all its winter glory with the Holiday Harmony events scheduled through New Year's Day. Get Christmas Tours through historic mansions, The Radio City Christmas Spectacular will be in town trhough Dec. 28, the Winter Wonders spot where you can build an igloo, start an indoor blizzard or join a virtual snowball fight and many other winter and holiday events. For specific locations and prices, visit www.visitmusiccity.com.