- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Cape Girardeau 2009 air show canceled
Cape Girardeau Regional Air Festival organizers will skip 2009 and start working on a 2010 show, according to airport manager Bruce Loy.
He said negotiations to bring the
A Blue Angels spokesman said the team will perform at more than 35 shows in 2009 and one April date remains open.
Loy said he'd tentatively moved the air show dates to May in hopes of getting the team. He said it was virtually impossible to get a military team over the Fourth of July weekend -- the traditional date for the annual air show.
The last time the Blue Angels performed in Cape Girardeau was 1992.
For more on this story, revisit www.semissourian.com or see Friday's Southeast Missourian print edition.