- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Cape Girardeau 2009 air show canceled
Cape Girardeau Regional Air Festival organizers will skip 2009 and start working on a 2010 show, according to airport manager Bruce Loy.
He said negotiations to bring the
A Blue Angels spokesman said the team will perform at more than 35 shows in 2009 and one April date remains open.
Loy said he'd tentatively moved the air show dates to May in hopes of getting the team. He said it was virtually impossible to get a military team over the Fourth of July weekend -- the traditional date for the annual air show.
The last time the Blue Angels performed in Cape Girardeau was 1992.
For more on this story, revisit www.semissourian.com or see Friday's Southeast Missourian print edition.