- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)18
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
ANNA, Ill. -- Ernestine Louise Wright, 79, of Anna died Monday, Dec. 22, 2008, at Union County Hospital in Anna.
She was born Feb. 10, 1929, in Anna, daughter of Fred Arthur and Gladys Amelia Norris Tompkins. She and Robert M. Wright were married Aug. 6, 1950.
As a child she attended Anna United Methodist Church and later in life became a member of First Baptist Church of Anna.
Survivors include her husband; a son, Robert Wright of Anna; a daughter, Janice Wright of Carbondale, Ill.; and two grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents and a granddaughter.
Visitation will be from noon to service time Friday at Crain Funeral Home in Anna.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Friday at the funeral home, with the Rev. James Rose officiating. Burial will be in Anna Cemetery.