- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)3
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)5
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)16
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)23
Obama picks Lincoln Bible for use at inauguration
WASHINGTON -- President-elect Barack Obama will use the same Bible at his inauguration that Abraham Lincoln used for his swearing in.
Obama will be the first president since Lincoln to use that Bible, part of the collection of the Library of Congress.
"President-elect Obama is deeply honored that the Library of Congress has made the Lincoln Bible available for use during his swearing-in," Presidential Inaugural Committee executive director Emmett Beliveau said in a statement Tuesday.
The Bible will be on display at the Library of Congress on Feb. 12 to May 9 as part of an exhibition titled "With Malice Toward None: The Abraham Lincoln Bicentennial Exhibition."
The exhibit will then travel to five other American cities in commemoration of the bicentennial of Lincoln's birth Feb. 12, 1809.