- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Gordon Robert Garner
SCOTTSBORO, Ala. -- Gordon Robert "Bob" Garner, 78, of Scottsboro died Monday, Dec. 22, 2008, at his home.
Survivors include his wife, Eileen Garner of Scottsboro; two sons and daughters-in-law, Bob and Linda Garner of Cape Girardeau and Terry and Sherry Garner of Scottsboro; a daughter, Michelle Garner of Scottsboro; four sisters and three brothers-in-law, Faye and Clyde Patty of Scottsboro, Dorothy and Lewis Cornelison of Scottsboro, Shirley and Talmadge Swinford of Dutton, Ala., and Betty Moore of Scottsboro; seven grandchildren and their spouses, Tim and Meg Garner of Jackson, Brent and Andrea Garner of Olathe, Kan., Jason and Amy Garner of Chicago, Loreal Garner of St. Louis, Tera and Mark Clark of Huntsville, Ala., Travis and Natalie Garner of Scottsboro and Jeremy Garner of Scottsboro; eight great-grandchildren, Jaiden, Caleb, Annalise, Asa, Tanner, Noah, Camden and Jaylon.
He was preceded in death by his parents, Gordon Newton and Ruth Garner, and a brother, James Russell Garner.
Special thanks to Cheryl Jett of Heartlite Hospice.
Funeral will be at 11 a.m. Tuesday at Scottsboro Funeral Home Chapel, with the Rev. Duaine Griggs officiating. Burial will be in Pinehaven Memorial Gardens.