- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Police: Nurse assistant stole ring from patient's finger (10/27/16)10
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)21
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)10
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Cape teacher resigns after accusation of assaulting student at football game (10/26/16)11
Contest victor eats 7 pounds of latkes
LAKE GROVE, N.Y. -- A 23-year-old mechanical engineering student downed 46 latkes in eight minutes to win a contest at a Long Island deli.
Pete Czerwinski said he'd never had one of the potato pancakes before eating about seven pounds of them Sunday at Zan's in Lake Grove.
Association of Independent Competitive Eaters chairman Arnie Chapman said Czerwinski demolished the contest's previous record of 31 latkes, set in 2006.
Latkes are a traditional treat for Hanukkah, the eight-day Jewish Festival of Lights. It started Sunday evening.