- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)4
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Witness says he saw man shoot Domorlo McCaster (8/19/16)2
- Southeast imposes 'interim suspension' of Sigma Nu fraternity over vandalism incident (8/19/16)22
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Pitmasters to descend on Arena Park for Cape BBQ Fest (8/19/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- Gender-neutral restrooms now available at Southeast (8/18/16)38
Contest victor eats 7 pounds of latkes
LAKE GROVE, N.Y. -- A 23-year-old mechanical engineering student downed 46 latkes in eight minutes to win a contest at a Long Island deli.
Pete Czerwinski said he'd never had one of the potato pancakes before eating about seven pounds of them Sunday at Zan's in Lake Grove.
Association of Independent Competitive Eaters chairman Arnie Chapman said Czerwinski demolished the contest's previous record of 31 latkes, set in 2006.
Latkes are a traditional treat for Hanukkah, the eight-day Jewish Festival of Lights. It started Sunday evening.