- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Burford Gardner Delay, 86, of Advance died Friday, Dec. 19, 2008, at Saint Francis Medical Center.
He was born March 17, 1922, at Tilman, Mo., son of Charlie and Osa Pender Delay. He and Imogena Rose Umfleet were married Feb. 14, 1946, at Jackson. She also died Dec. 19, 2008.
Delay had been a farmer. He was a veteran of World War II, serving in the U.S. Army.
Survivors include four sons, Russell Delay of Killen, Ala., Gary Delay of Advance, Don Delay of Edwardsville, Ill., Mark Delay of Advance; a brother, Ralph Delay of Dexter, Mo.; eight grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a daughter and a brother.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Morgan Funeral Home in Advance.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Monday, with the Rev. Roger Wooten officiating.
Interment will be at Morgan Memorial Park in Advance.