- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
What's happening today 12/21/08
Winter solstice program at Trail of Tears State Park
Awinter solstice program will be presented by Paul White Eagle Smith, chief of the AhNiYvWiYa Tribe at 2 p.m. at Trail of Tears State Park visitorcenter. Registration required. Call 290-5268.
Celebration of Rescue
A gathering of rescued animals with reunions, success stories and rescued animals for adoption. Bring your story (on a leash) to the event from 1 to 4 p.m. at Petco, 266 Siemers Drive.
American Legion Post 158 and Auxiliary will host a community Christmas party at the American Legion hall in Jackson from 2 to 4 p.m. Santa Claus will be there handing out treat bags and gifts. Refreshments will be served. Parents are welcome to bring cameras.
Classic Christmas tale gets a twist
Children and choir members at CrossRoads Fellowship will present "It's a Wonderful Christmas Carol." The drama presentation is a twist on the classic movie "It's a Wonderful Life." The performance will be at 10 a.m. at CrossRoads Fellowship.