- Witness says he saw man shoot Domorlo McCaster (8/19/16)2
- Logan's Roadhouse in Cape not closing; Ruby Tuesday fate still unknown (8/17/16)
- Students move into new fraternity housing at Southeast Missouri State University (8/18/16)2
- Mom angry her autistic son was left on bus; he later was discovered at bus lot (8/16/16)15
- Cape man to serve at least 21 months in prison for food-stamp fraud (8/16/16)5
- Southeast imposes 'interim suspension' of Sigma Nu fraternity over vandalism incident (8/19/16)21
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Pitmasters to descend on Arena Park for Cape BBQ Fest (8/19/16)2
- Store dedicated solely to Pokemon products will open soon in Cape (8/16/16)1
- Gender-neutral restrooms now available at Southeast (8/18/16)38
What's happening today 12/21/08
Winter solstice program at Trail of Tears State Park
Awinter solstice program will be presented by Paul White Eagle Smith, chief of the AhNiYvWiYa Tribe at 2 p.m. at Trail of Tears State Park visitorcenter. Registration required. Call 290-5268.
Celebration of Rescue
A gathering of rescued animals with reunions, success stories and rescued animals for adoption. Bring your story (on a leash) to the event from 1 to 4 p.m. at Petco, 266 Siemers Drive.
American Legion Post 158 and Auxiliary will host a community Christmas party at the American Legion hall in Jackson from 2 to 4 p.m. Santa Claus will be there handing out treat bags and gifts. Refreshments will be served. Parents are welcome to bring cameras.
Classic Christmas tale gets a twist
Children and choir members at CrossRoads Fellowship will present "It's a Wonderful Christmas Carol." The drama presentation is a twist on the classic movie "It's a Wonderful Life." The performance will be at 10 a.m. at CrossRoads Fellowship.