- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Imogena Rose Delay, 79, of Advance died Friday, Dec. 19, 2008, at Saint Francis Medical Center of natural causes.
She was born Jan. 28, 1929, at Painton, Mo., daughter of Lawrence and Irene Gunner Umfleet. She and Burford Delay were married Feb. 14, 1946, at Jackson. He also died Dec. 19, 2008.
Delay had worked at the Inland Shoe Factory in Advance.
Survivors include four sons, Russell Delay of Killen, Ala., Gary Delay of Advance, Don Delay of Edwardsville, Ill., Mark Delay of Advance; six brothers, Herman Umfleet of Marshfield, Mo., Bill Umfleet of St. Louis, Donald Umfleet of Advance, Richard Umfleet of Lima, Ohio, Mike Umfleet of Monett, Mo., Dennis Umfleet of Granite City, Ill.; three sisters, Thelma Gavel of Pacific, Mo., Vicky Phelps of Advance, Sue Ann Thompson of Bennington, Vt.; eight grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a daughter, six brothers and a sister.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Morgan Funeral Home in Advance.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Monday, with the Rev. Roger Wooten officiating.
Interment will be at Morgan Memorial Park in Advance.