- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)30
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Brewer to undergo back surgery
ST. LOUIS -- St. Louis Blues defenseman Eric Brewer will undergo surgery for a herniated disc in his back and will be sidelined indefinitely.
The 29-year-old Brewer, the Blues' captain, missed the previous two games. He has one goal, five assists and a minus-14 rating in 28 games. His surgery is scheduled for today.
Brewer was named captain midway through last season. He's in the third year of a four-year, $17 million contract.
The Blues have lost two defensemen this week. Jay McKee is expected to miss between four and six weeks with a broken left ring finger sustained in Monday's 6-3 loss to the Flames.