- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- New CEO named at Wood & Huston Bank (8/21/16)
- Victims of alleged Ponzi scheme seek compensation from killer's victims (8/21/16)3
- Cape Central football team falls to state-ranked Liberty in Pixley's debut (8/20/16)
- 'Santa' suspect Moffat sentenced to 12 years for sexual abuse of girl (8/23/16)2
MILLER CITY, Ill. -- Ruth Smith, 62, of Miller City died Wednesday, Dec. 17, 2008, at her home.
She was born April 23, 1946, at Wyatt, Mo., daughter of Teddy and Beatrice Newcomb Gibson. She and Larry E. Smith were married March 30, 1965.
Smith was a member of Lake Milligan Baptist Church.
Survivors include her husband; two sons, Larry Smith II of Olive Branch, Ill., Jason Smith of Olmsted, Ill.; two brothers, Russell Gibson of Granite City, Ill., Carl Gibson of Pontoon Beach, Ill.; two sisters, Mary Poljac of Collinsville, Ill., Judy White of Memphis, Tenn.; and three grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents and a brother.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Crain Funeral Home in Tamms, Ill.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Verlee Eaker officiating. Burial will be in Baumgard Cemetery.