- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)8
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Southeast to lose $3.5 million from state in budget cuts (1/18/17)21
- Local students to perform with choir at inauguration (1/19/17)3
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
- Governor cuts $146 million, colleges take hit (1/17/17)
Home for Christmas
This past weekend I had the privilege of spending time with an amazing Border Collie mix named Chubs aka Chubba Bubba. You can tell by the aka I will never be famous for endowing dogs with regal, classy call names.
When you meet Chubba Bubba he immediately makes you smile. He has a sweet, happy nature and a little stub of a tail that wags so hard you expect him to be thrown off balance. He is one of those dogs you have to pet.
What is not apparent about CB is his background. He was one of the dogs rescued last fall in the Old Appleton seizure. When I first met him, he was little more than a bag of bones with patches of hair missing. What a difference a few months can make.
He is now a handsome fellow, with a quiet, gentle nature. He is wonderful with children and lives to chase a ball.
Chubba Bubba has already been neutered. He is hearworm positive, but is now strong enough to undergo treatment. Thanks to the generosity of our community, his treatments will be paid for.
The only thing this guy needs now, is a family. Even if he is adopted by a single person, we all know it only takes two to make a family unit. He will bring joy to anyone that adopts him.
You can meet Chubba Bubba at the Humane Society of Southeast Missouri, 2536 Boutin Drive, Cape Girardeau, Missouri. You can reach them by telephone at 573-334-5837. You can also reach me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please, if you are considering adding a pet to your household, drop by to visit with this guy. He is guaranteed to put a smile on your face.