- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)30
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)8
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
Home for Christmas
This past weekend I had the privilege of spending time with an amazing Border Collie mix named Chubs aka Chubba Bubba. You can tell by the aka I will never be famous for endowing dogs with regal, classy call names.
When you meet Chubba Bubba he immediately makes you smile. He has a sweet, happy nature and a little stub of a tail that wags so hard you expect him to be thrown off balance. He is one of those dogs you have to pet.
What is not apparent about CB is his background. He was one of the dogs rescued last fall in the Old Appleton seizure. When I first met him, he was little more than a bag of bones with patches of hair missing. What a difference a few months can make.
He is now a handsome fellow, with a quiet, gentle nature. He is wonderful with children and lives to chase a ball.
Chubba Bubba has already been neutered. He is hearworm positive, but is now strong enough to undergo treatment. Thanks to the generosity of our community, his treatments will be paid for.
The only thing this guy needs now, is a family. Even if he is adopted by a single person, we all know it only takes two to make a family unit. He will bring joy to anyone that adopts him.
You can meet Chubba Bubba at the Humane Society of Southeast Missouri, 2536 Boutin Drive, Cape Girardeau, Missouri. You can reach them by telephone at 573-334-5837. You can also reach me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please, if you are considering adding a pet to your household, drop by to visit with this guy. He is guaranteed to put a smile on your face.