- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
CAIRO, Ill. -- Paul D. Donnigan, 84, of Cairo died Wednesday, Dec. 10, 2008, at his home.
He was born Oct. 28, 1924, in Cairo, son of Owen David and Helen Witt Donnigan. He married Inez Adams.
Donnigan was employed 42 years by Illinois Central Gulf Railroad. He was a member of Immanuel Lutheran Church and member and past exalted ruler of Cairo Elks Lodge 651.
He was a U.S. Army veteran of World War II, attaining the rank of sergeant.
Survivors include his wife; a daughter, Kelly Donnigan of Carbondale, Ill.; a son, Patrick Donnigan of Lebanon, Ill.; and four granddaughters.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Barkett Funeral Home in Cairo. An Elks memorial service will be conducted at 7:30.
The funeral will be at 11:30 a.m. Friday at the funeral home, with Nan Ellis officiating. Burial will be in Mound City National Cemetery in Mound City, Ill.