- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Marcella F. Scheffer, 61, of Oak Ridge died Wednesday, Dec. 10, 2008, at her home.
She was born May 19, 1947, at Neelys Landing, to Woodrow and Irene Brown King. She and Joe Scheffer were married March 8, 1964.
Scheffer was a member of Immaculate Conception Catholic Church in Jackson and volunteered at Mid-America Teen Challenge in Cape Girardeau. She was a foster parent more than 15 years.
Survivors include her husband; three sons, Paul Scheffer of Jackson, Tony Scheffer of Friedheim, Mo., Larry Scheffer of Gordonville; two daughters, MeeMee Scheffer and DeeDee Scheffer of Oak Ridge; her mother, Irene King of Jackson; four brothers, Eddie King of the state of Washington, John, Jerry and Gary King, all of Jackson; five sisters, Shelby Gilmore of Jackson, Gladys Blumenthal of St. Louis, Mary Talley of Alaska, Nancy Williams and Becky Kelley of Jackson; 10 grandchildren; and three great- grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her father and two brothers.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. today at McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson. Parish prayers will be at 7.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Friday at Immaculate Conception Church, with the Rev. John Harth officiating.
Burial will be in Seabaugh Cemetery near Millersville.