- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Hazel Hardy, 94, of Cape Girardeau, formerly of Essex, Mo., died Saturday, Oct. 16, 2004, at Ratcliff Care Center at Cape Girardeau.
She was born June 28, 1910, at Essex, daughter of Randall and Sarah Taylor Langley. She and James Hardy were married Nov. 20, 1941, at Dexter, Mo.
Hardy had been active in the Cotton Boll Girl Scout Council.
Survivors include a daughter, Mila Lohmeier of Cape Girardeau; two brothers, Wilson and R.G. Langley, both of Essex; a grandson; and a great-grandson.
She was preceded in death by a son, two brothers and three sisters.
Friends may call from 9 to 11 a.m. Tuesday at Rainey-Mathis Funeral Home at Dexter.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Henry Geichen officiating. Burial will be in Essex Cemetery.