- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Cape Girardeau County Commission gives unanimous approval to senior board recommendations
The Cape Girardeau County Commission unanimously approved recommendations for grants by the Cape Girardeau County Senior Citizens' Services Fund Board at its meeting this morning. The grants total $547,450.
Last week commissioners had some questions about a proposed grant for Gold Leaf Transportation, a year-old cab service in Jackson, but those concerns didn't prevent commissioners from giving the nod to the recommendations today.
Look for more on this story later on semissourian.com or in Tuesday's Southeast Missourian.